For information about our research and publications use email@example.com
To order any of our books, use firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords in our work: Understanding the Middle East | Arabic literature | Translation | Ethnography| Orientalist art| Botany| Travellers | East India Company | India and the Coromandel | Ottoman Empire | Aleppo | Egypt | Arabian Peninsula. Also | Scottish cookery | Aberdeenshire | Scottish Borders | music |
Welcome to our website! This is what you can find here:
- Information about Paul and Janet Starkey
- Full lists of most of our publications
- Information about our current research projects including Janet's book on Strathbogie and Paul's translations from Arabic to English
- Our roles in various Associations
- PDFs of various lectures on the Middle East
- Pages about culinary traditions in Aberdeenshire and Banffshire
- Pages dedicated to the Russell family and associates in the 18th century
- Short accounts about our long journeys in Europe, the Middle East and America.
ISBN 978 1 78491 916 0 (e-Pdf)
Oxford: Archaeopress, 23 July 2018.
This collection of 20 papers has its origins in a two-day seminar organised by the Association for the Study of Travel in Egypt and the Near East (ASTENE) in conjunction with the Centre for Middle Eastern Plants at the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh (RBGE), with additional support from Cornucopia magazine and the Turkish Consulate General, Edinburgh. A splendidly illustrated book focuses on the botanical legacy of many parts of the former Ottoman Empire as seen and described by travellers. Click image to order and for more details.
Prices: £17.50 (excl. shipping); £21 (incl. shipping UK); £26.90 (incl. shipping Europe); £31.50 (incl. shipping Rest of the World). Paperback with Flaps pp. 348. Full colour with many illustrations. Glossary. Indexes.
2 SEPTEMBER 2017.
For sale on Amazon from 20 September 2017.
For UK sales only:-